Mass Flu Vaccination Programme
YORK PATIENTS - GET YOUR FREE WINTER FLU JAB
Patients can now get a flu vaccination at the York ‘Mass Flu Vaccination’ site.
If you are eligible for a flu vaccination and have been contacted by the Practice, you can book online.
· EASY AND CONVENIENT – mass vaccination drive-through site at Moor Lane Car Park (former Askham Bar Park & Ride), Tadcaster Road, York, YO24 1LW
· OPEN – early and late appointments, up to 4,000 people vaccinated a day
· BOOK ONLINE – online booking details will be sent to eligible patients
This year, the free vaccination is being offered in England to:
· Adults aged 65 and over · People with some medical conditions, including diabetes, heart failure and asthma · People who were required to shield from coronavirus - and anyone they live with
· Pregnant women
· Children aged from two-11
· Health and social care workers
Later in the year, the flu vaccine may be given to people aged 50 to 64. But the NHS says anyone aged 50-64, and in an at-risk group, should "not delay" having the flu vaccine.
How it works
Your GP will invite you
Book an appointment online
Go to the mass vaccination site along with your NHS identification details