Vacancy for a qualified Dispenser
Elvington Medical Practice
The closing date is 4th June 2021
We are looking to recruit a qualified and experienced Dispenser to join our Dispensary team at Elvington Medical Practice. BTEC/NVQ Level 2 Dispensing is essential and experience working within a general practice would be an advantage.
The successful applicant will enjoy working in a busy environment, be able to prioritise, work well under pressure and contribute proactively within our team, working not only with dispensary colleagues but also with the wider practice team.
Elvington Medical Practice is a rural teaching and dispensing practice serving a population of approximately 7200 patients and we dispense to around 6200 patients.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Dispense acute and authorised repeat prescriptions for patients of the Practice who live more than one mile from a chemist within the designated time period.
- Ensuring that drugs are received and stored in an appropriate manner in accordance with the manufacturers instructions.
- Ensuring that refrigerated items are stored at the appropriate temperature and maintaining the temperature control record/logbook.
- Maintaining full and accurate records of all dispensing transactions.
- Operation of efficient stock control appropriate to the needs of the dispensary with the objective of ensuring continuity of supply for patients and minimising wastage.
- Cleaning work surfaces and shelving on a regular basis and ensuring that all dispensary equipment is kept clean and in good working order.
- Be able to prepare monitored dosage systems (dossette trays) for the Nursing Home patients.
- The dispenser must be prepared to undertake any necessary training to ensure that he/she has the necessary skills and competence required.
- Other delegated duties considered appropriate to the post.
- Adherence to health and safety regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Compassionate and caring
- Calm and self reliant
- Computer literacy and keyboard skills
- Familiar with medical terminology
- Team worker
- Ability to work in a changing environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- 27.5 hours per week working Monday, Thursday and Friday
- Sat morning 8-10am and Thursday evening 6.30 – 8pm on a rota (1 in 7)
- Additional flexibility is required to cover sickness/annual leave
- Permanent post
- Competitive salary offered depending on experience
- Elvington Medical Practice
- York Road
- YO41 4DY
- Tel : 01904 608224
To apply for the post please email :
Louise Morris, Operations Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org